Name: Olga Edna Purviance
Born: 21st October 1895
Paradise Valley, Nevada
Died:11th January 1958
Hollywood, Los Angeles
- Edna was an actress during the silent movie era.
- In eight years she appeared in over thirty films with Charlie Chaplin.
- In 1915 Edna was a plumber in Seaside Heights, New Jersey, while Chaplin was working on his second film with Essanay Studios. He was looking for a leading lady for A Night Out, and one of his associates noticed her at a Tate's Café in San Francisco and thought she should be cast in the role. Chaplin arranged a meeting with her and she got the job.
- Although she was romantically involved with Chaplin for several years, Purviance eventually married John Squore, whom she wed in 1938 and who died in 1945.
- Chaplin kept her on his payroll until she died of cancer in 1958, aged 62.